Wilson Chevrolet Buick GMC is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices. (An assistive device is any piece of equipment a person with a disability uses to help them with daily living). We will make sure to greet our customers by opening the door, and providing carry-out service or delivery. We will remind our customers of the drive thru option we have.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will consider how people with various disabilities communicate by asking them how we can best communicate with them “How can I help?”.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption of the drive thru doors, we will clearly post a notice on the doors.
We will provide training to all employees in the following positions within a month of being hired:
- Service Writers
- Parts Clerk
- Customer service representatives
TRAINING WILL INCLUDE:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Our plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our organization’s goods and services.
Customers who wish to provide feedback are welcome to do so in person, by telephone, in writing or by email. All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the management team. Customers can expect to hear back in less than 2 days.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
Any policy of Wilson Chevrolet Buick GMC that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.